In 1061 the Virgin Mary appeared in a vision to Richeldis de Faverches in Walsingham, who built a shrine there: her son Geoffrey initiated the building of the Priory, for which the responsibility passed to the Canons Regular in the 12th century. Henry VIII was the last of many English kings to visit the shrine, but that didn’t prevent him from having the Priory dismantled in 1538.
And, on a whim, a version run through Photoshop’s watercolour filter.
Not sure about this…
Small Blue-Green World
ESET Senior Research Fellow